So I’ve had really bad writer’s block for about a week now…and if you know me well, you know that I’m a pretty over-dramatic person when I have writer’s block..(even more dramatic than usual..)
Example: Today I explained it to my mom by telling her that having writer’s block is like there is an animal of ideas and emotions trapped inside me that just cant get out… Weird, right?
Well Monday I was feeling uninspired.. in my family we don’t say we’re “bored” or “have nothing to do”, instead we say “uninspired”. Usually I can just drink a good cup of coffee or buy a new journal to get my inspiration back.. But no. This was a serious case of Uninspired-itis…(yes. that is a real thing.) So after moaning and fidgeting in the passenger seat of my mom’s car (2 symptoms of Uninspired-itis), I had an idea.
But instead of telling you what I did to cure myself.. I’m going to kindly share with you how to get your moxie and inspiration back on boring days with these 7 natural remedies for Uninspired-itis:
1. Wave at random strangers on the street. Yes, you might get some weird looks…But you might be surprised at how many people actually wave back… And who cares if they secretly think you’re insane? That’s what makes it fun.
2. Go on a “Dumb Hippie Adventure”….(that’s what my brother calls going to World Market aaaand buying things for a scrapbook from a craft store)
3. Buy something. But not something typical like clothes or shoes.. Something really dumb and useless.. Like ugly knee-high socks with bright colored cats on them… (yes…I’ve done that…and I don’t even like cats that much.)
4. Listen to old cheesy rock music. You have to sing at the top of your lungs though..otherwise it won’t work. If you don’t know any horribly written 80’s songs, I recommend Total Eclipse of the Heart by Bonnie Tyler..it’s pretty much the worst of all.
5. Try something new. Such as finger painting. Tennis. Interpretative dancing. Juggling. Yoga. Something that you’re proooobably not good at.. Because it will inspire you to stick with the thing you ARE good at.
6. Eat pizza. Because who isn’t inspired by pizza?
7. Get all dressed up for a casual occasion. If you’re going out to eat at Taco Bell…wear your best dress or suit. Because I’m sure the workers would really appreciate it and you’ll feel pretty darn shnazzy.
WARNING: Side-affects may include, but are not limited to: Laughing uncontrollably. Being laughed at. Eating too much pizza. Overflowing inspiration. And possibly nausea and/or dizziness.
Well this might not apply to anyone other than me… But if you’re ever having a boring day or a really bad case of Uninspired-itis… Just follow those simple and pointless steps. It really works.
I feel like someone on an infomercial.
Well I hope you have a very inspired week.
peace & love
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!